Our Technology Partners
Many broad research projects, including those supported by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy, are dedicated to researching procedures on the basis of which new technologies can be developed. For this, we work closely with universities particular on questions related to sustainable energy production. The universities provide the basic knowledge in different fields and we provide the industrial knowledge. Through these relationships and our investment in R&D, we have the chance to patent new technologies and bring them to the market.
In Austria, we have partnerships with universities in Graz, Leoben, Linz and Vienna, including the TU Vienna, Montanuniversitaet Leoben and Johann Kepler University Linz. We also have partnerships with universities outside of Austria such as in Wiesenburg in Germany and Cape Town in South Africa.
Our Sustainability Networks
UN Global Compact
Since 2020 Christof Industries actively supports the UN Global Compact, a voluntary initiative based on company commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to advance UN goals such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We have also integrated the principles of the UN Global Compact in our Code of Conduct through our commitment to uphold fully human rights, standards at work, environmental protection and the fight against corruption. We expect the same commitment from our internal and external stakeholders.
- We respect and support the protection of human rights within the limits of our means.
- We ensure that we do not become complicit in violations of human rights.
- We respect the right of assembly and the meaningful recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- We advocate the elimination of all forms of forced labour.
- We advocate the abolition of child labour.
- We advocate the elimination of discrimination during selection and employment.
- We support a preventative approach to environmental problems.
- We take initiatives at home and abroad to encourage greater awareness of environmental responsibility.
- We support the development and spread of environmentally friendly technologies and we are involved in the development of some of these technologies.
- We take a stand against all forms of corruption.
At Christof Industries we believe in gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are active member of UN Women, a global organization for gender equality, working to develop and uphold standards and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full potential.