As a group of companies in which the owners are active members of management, we feel a traditional closeness to our employees. We are proud of our international and diverse workforce. Our managers and leaders take on a role both as models of responsible behaviour and as persons of trust for team members in the event that any conflicts should arise. We make an effort to recruit our employees locally, thereby supporting the local job market. We find it only natural that our employees outside of Austria should, whenever possible, enjoy the same standards of workplace safety, access to medical care at work, and technical safety as our employees in Austria. We also assist our partners in the implementation of the high standards that we take for granted in these areas.
Human Rights and Business Ethics
As a company that is active in many countries, we feel a duty to uphold our ethical values in our approach to business. Both for the sake of our employees and for our own sake, we wish to avoid being caught up in conflicts of interest or loyalty. At Christof Industries we stand for peace and justice. Our Code of Conduct defines our stance on anti-corruption, transparency and reducing workplace violence and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate and aim to educate our employees on these matters. We align our business with human rights and labour laws, and see health and safety as a top priority for all employees, no matter in which country or role.
Guiding Principles Business Ethics
- Our employees must declare potential conflicts of interest and are prohibited by the terms of their employment from direct or indirect ownership of any enterprise that has a business relationship with us, our customers or suppliers.
- Our employees may only accept gifts of insignificant value. This includes hospitality within the scope of usual social norms.
- We are committed to fair, international competition and publicly take a stand against all forms of corruption.
Human Rights Assessment
Anti-corruption measures are managed by our Corporate compliance and legal departments. We have measures in place that must be taken in case of a violation, including legal ramifications where necessary. We have a complete prohibition of corruption and bribery for our employees and suggestions from external parties are also not allowed. Our managers are expected to act as role models in engaging in fair and anti-corruptive activities.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
Education & Training
We are contributing to SDG 4 of achieving quality education for all through close partnerships with universities and other education institutions, offering students the possibility to work with us and learn about the industrial sector.
In 2019, Christof Industries Austria received an INEO certificate as an outstanding training company. This award by the Chamber of Commerce in Upper Austria is given to enterprises that have shown exemplary commitment in training apprentices. INEO stands for innovation, sustainability, commitment and orientation. Companies with the INEA seal facilitate the integration into the company through their innovative way of working, act responsibly and with foresight towards all apprentices and also offer appropriate development opportunities and exemplary support for the apprentices.
Christof Industries offers education and training within the organisation, ensuring that learning never stops.
Guiding Principles Employees
- All of our employees receive the same, fair treatment. We do not accept any form of discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, cultural heritage or age.
- Our dealings in our company with one another are characterised by mutual respect, fairness, and professionalism. The individual personality of each of our employees is taken into account, and, whenever possible, attention is paid to ensuring a stable work-life balance. We consider this to be an essential prerequisite for our employees‘ willingness to deliver consistently at a high level, and therefore as an important element in our company‘s success.
- Where possible, we support our employees‘ professional and personal development and, together with them, set ambitious, but realistic goals.