Safe Treatment of Medical Waste
SinTion: Environmentally-Friendly Disposal of Microbiological Waste
Vast quantities of infectious waste – in particular in developing countries – are still dealt with by means of incineration. Burning has numerous disadvantages, from both an economic and an ecological perspective. Christof Industries has consciously chosen to take a different path with its sinTion technology. Instead of transporting and incinerating dangerous waste, we make safe, easy and efficient disposal possible directly on site. The principle: The combination of saturated vapour and microwave energy.
Certified and in Use All Over the World
sinTion is being used in 18 countries around the globe – not only in Central Europe but also in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Latin America and Australia and is listed by the renowned Robert-Koch-Institut as a recognised and certified disinfection technique.
Simple and Efficient Shredding of Non-Infectious Waste
Medical waste that has been disinfected and sterilised in a sinTion can be shredded simply and efficiently using a shredTion device. The volume of shredded, non-infectious waste is much lower, and it can be collected with other household waste.
The sinTion Container – Mobile and Rapid
The sinTion Container is designed for use when there is a shortage of space in a hospital or rapid deployment to a crisis zone is required. This standard-size container can be deployed quickly; it houses both a sinTion and a shredTion unit. This permits the flexible and mobile sterilisation, disinfection and shredding of Infectious waste.
Advantages sinTion & shredTion
- Efficient disinfection/sterilisation using a combination of microwaves and saturated steam
- No chemical additives
- No pre-shredding of waste required
- Pre-vacuum phase and vacuum drying
- Easy and safe operation via modern PLC and display
- Error detection and automatic switch-off
- High throughput (up to 210 litres of waste per hour)
- Automatic printout for documentation purposes
- Workshops and one-on-one consulting on the efficient treatment of microbiological waste
- Integrated system for combining with shredTion