Recently, Christof Industries published its Non-financial Statement for 2021. In our third ESG Report we reinforce our environment, social and governance commitments based on our core values and principles.
The report shows our progress regarding our material sustainability topics, based on consequent target tracking, and highlights our main achievements in 2021:
- Increased health and safety training working towards our “Safety First Strategy”
- Strengthened our Corporate Governance as a key part of our ESG programme, including a new Code of Conduct & Ethics, Anti-bribery and anti-corruption Policy, Supplier Code of Conduct, and Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Received our first ESG rating “EcoVadis Bronze” and applied for the second rating “EcoVadis Silver” (received in March 2022)
- Development of a new environmental policy focusing circularity, sustainable growth and clean operations
- Completed and received a group certification according to ISO 14001:2015
- Increase in renewable energy as a percentage of total energy consumption, and 100% in Austria
- Increase in recycling and waste reduction, including donations of IT equipment to charities
- Further implementation of existing circular economy technologies, including Insect Technology, SinTion and Waste-to-Energy
- Increased internal communication, including a new intranet platform
Our ESG performance is summarized in the ESG Scorecard:
The report also details our efforts to further integrate and improve our ESG commitment. Therefore we give an outlook on our ESG actions and targets in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN Global Compact. More information can be found in our Action Plan 2020-2023.
“With all challenges of an experienced entrepreneur, I have reason to be optimistic, as the Christof family collaborates strongly on the various obstacles and because we continue to walk the path of sustainability as we all navigate this new era together.
We think circular, which is the crucial aspect of how we have focused on energy efficiency, emission reduction, and a healthy work environment since the beginning of the Christof family business.”
– Johann Christof, CEO
Our annual ESG report is written in accordance with GRI standards and is a comprehensive non-financial report for Christof Industries and its subsidiaries.